BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Rainbow

Today was a typical Oregon spring day: pouring rain, hail and brilliant sun. I took this picture from my office window. The rainbow beckoned. I decided it was time to give the dogs a long run.
I called the dogs. Trask came to me drooling, huffing and whining. One look and I ran for the peanut butter and Benadryl and shoved them in his mouth. He was too swollen to lick the spoon. His whole body was hives under his vest. Before I took off for the E-vet, I checked around the house to see what he had gotten into. I couldn't find a thing - which was highly unusual since he is always getting into everything. All I can figure is that he tried to mouth a bee out in the kennel.
Trask at the E-vet one hour later after a double dose of Benadryl and steroid and epi shots. (This was the same E-vet where Willy died.)
Poor boy.
I have again checked the house and can't find anything (but the contents of the plastic recycling bin which the others got into and played with while we were at the E-vet).
Four hours later Trask still has monster jowls but the hives are gone. He was too restless to stay quietly in his crate and Koyuk continually bugged me to be in there with him so I let him out.
Rainbows always make me think of Willy. Was he watching over Trask? Was he telling me to check on Trask? Coincidence? Probably. I don't know.