BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Amazing Trask

I love the sound of rocks skiddering across a frozen pond. Every winter I keep a pile of pebbles at ready.  But, imagine my surprise/horror when I heard the sound while getting firewood today. No one else was around. I ran to the pond. There was Trask pouncing down hard to break the 1/2" thick ice. He then systematically picked up chunks with his mouth and flung them on the pond ice so they broke and skiddered. I ran to the house with my firewood load, grabbed my camera and then was rewarded with my own slab of ice to make magical sounds on the pond ice.
Trask with my present
I have a hunch the piece of kindling encased in ice was from one of his summer activities.
Cedar checking out Trask's harvested ice.
Not wanting to further encourage him, I took a pictures of him with his prize and brought him inside.