BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Five Mornings

Still no winter around here. On the plus side, the high pressure zone sitting over us and the clear-cut next door have afforded me great photo-ops. Monday morning the thick clouds concealed humanity in the valley below and the surreal roar of morning traffic obscured nature’s sounds in the wakening forest.
The dogs ran hard and fast Sunday so I planned a day of rest. Not so for Trask. When I got back from my photography hike, he was waiting by Ferrari and ready to jump into harness. Since it was already 55 degrees and much too hot to run, Ferrari sat idle. (Day high 69 degrees)
All day Tuesday we were in the clouds with viability less than 50 yards.
Wednesday morning my three-canine-tongue-alarm awoke me to a brilliant sunrise. It is so much better to be above the clouds than in them like yesterday. I walked around in the clear-cut for some of these shots.
My photo, someday to be tree house, platform.
Yesterday it got to 65 degrees all the way to over 11,000'. Someone forgot to tell Ma Nature this is winter. Today it is foggy up here. A good day to sit and type a blog - and run the dogs.