BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Tree Fort

I am the quintessential eccentric aunt. I turn 65 in a couple of days but still love to play. I grew up on the edge of an ever-expanding 1950’s housing tract. The world as far as we knew was new houses on one side and a never-ending forest of fruit and nut trees on the other. As a kid, I requisitioned building site materials and built tree forts.  When trees were cut down to build another house, I just moved on. Building my new “fort” was most of the fun anyway – that and pelting neighboring tree forts with scavenged fallen fruit. 
I have been eying this tree as a potential tree fort ever since we moved here years ago...
but, it was in the middle of a thick stand of trees. A view-less tree house was moved to the back of my fun list. Then the "natural resources extraction" company brought the property next door and clear-cut it. Suddenly I had a view. I put up a ladder and checked it out.
The Three Sisters have always been my spiritual refuge.  I have journeyed up there as often as I could during all seasons of the year.  I even spent my 22nd birthday on the slope of the North Sister and my 23rd on the col between the Middle and South Sister. As I got older, my trips have become shorter and less frequent.
The other day, I climbed up the ladder and took pictures of the Sisters above the fog shrouded Willamette Valley. My Alaskan friend, Lisa, then took one of my photos and made it into a painting.
Tree house has moved to the top of my fun list. I will be able to enjoy the Sisters with coffee and chocolate in hand. (Actually I want to enter a contest to win a tree house from TreeHouse Masters show on the Animal Planet, but I need a video presentation. Video Help anyone? I'll let you come play.)