BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Chinook Camouflage

Yesterday, my efforts at raking up leaves lead to the delight of watching the dogs to zoom around my piles during games of Chinook tag. I went in to grab my camera and of course, they decided it was pose, not play, time. After viewing the pictures I was struck by how camouflaged the dogs were.
Today the ground and leaves were covered with a thick layer of frost. The lighting was different but the dogs still blended in quite well.
 I coaxed Cedar away from her nap inside to come out to join in the photo session.
The sun is now too low to reach and defrost the back yard but when I looked over at the family cemetery, a peaceful warmth was being reflected in the still waters of the pond.
Willie, Cora, Annie, Pooh, Nikolai, Galena, Willy and McKenzie are receiving their own camouflage blanket of leaves for the upcoming winter.