BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Happy Birthday Tule Loowit and Kyrik

Warning: Hours of sorting and downloading pictures were wiped out with the stroke of an excited paw at dinner time. Stupid human, me, could not replicate the paw stroke. Now that everyone has eaten and I have calmed some with a glass of wine, I am attempting to reproduce my wondrous work supplemented by however much two-buck-Chuck it takes to finish the task.
Loowit (Mt. St Helens-Ms Pink, aka: Tule Loowit) and Pahto (Mt. Adams - Mr Red, aka: Kyrik) were quite a surprise when they popped out together as fraternal twins (a very rare occurrence in dogs.)

"PR" BrownStone Cascade Mt. Loowit.
Loowit was 14 oz when born.  Loowit checking out the world at 4 weeks - 4 lbs 14oz
 Loowit at 8 weeks - 10 lb 9 oz and ready to move in with her forever family and be called Tule Loowit.
 I am lucky. Tule lives in town. She and Trask have shared some adventures throughout their first year. A trip  to a mountain lake at 3 months old...
mushing together at 7 months...
playing together in the pond at 9 months...
sharing a tender moment at 10 months.
playing to exhaustion at 11 months.

Tule Loowit's family sent a story of her first year. Unfortunately I can't post most of the pictures that went along with the words but trust me, she has had a wonderful first year.
Remarkable Tule Loowit’s “tail” so far, as told by Tule Loowit:
I was born.
I loved my life with my brothers and sisters at the BrownStone farm, especially my mom.
I left for my new home with the family when I was 8 weeks old – so scary!  But they love me and I like that.
I have new brothers who take me on the long board which I love. I travel in the car which immediately puts me to sleep. I have traveled to San Francisco several times.
There is a scary cat. He clawed me on the nose once, so now I really do not like cats.  At all.  I walk WAY around them when I see them, just to be sure. But I do have a tiger, which is like a cat but a lot bigger.
I took a class where my owners learned how to ask me to do things that I personally already knew how to do, like sit, and stay, and walk politely on a leash and respect other dogs’ space. I liked everything except respecting other dogs’ space. I like their spaces. In fact, my most favorite thing to do in the world is to play with other dogs, which I get to do a lot but not enough. I have many dog friends and we have play dates and go on hikes.
In the summer I have a trampoline to play on, and I hide all of my special toys under it. I also like to sit in the sun if it not too hot.
In the winter, I am a member of the National Ski Patrol and I get to wear an official Mountain Host jacket and greet customers at Willamette Pass. I like that job. Snow is the best. 
I am all grown up now and I have a sleeping perch where I keep an eye on the neighborhood when I am home alone.
The beautiful Tule Loowit.

"PR" BrownStone Cascade Mt. Pahto 
Pahto (Mt. Adams, Mr Red) aka: Kyrik went to live with McKenzie's daughter, BrownStone Tillamook River (Tiki).
 
Pahto weighed 15oz when he was born. (with Loowit, a combined weight of 1 lb 3 oz. No wonder Koyuk was having labor troubles)
 By week 4, Pahto weighed 5lb 2oz.
 By 8 weeks there was no stopping, weighing or taking posed pictures of Mr Red.
Pahto now Kyrick at 3 months.
Kyrik was still chomping on his poor owl at 4 months old.
Kyrick's family reported that:
He is very handsome! He and Tiki get along better than I could have hoped for – I wasn’t sure how tolerant she would be of all of the puppy energy, but she seems to really enjoy playing with him, and they both seem to seek out each other’s company more often than not. She has also been great at keeping him busy and out of trouble, so she has made the puppy training much easier for all of us. 
 Kyrik at 4 months
 Kyrick on the town at 5 months
 First snow at 6 months. 
 Kyrick at 8 months

A picture of Kyrick painted by the daughter in his forever home. I am still waiting for her to do one of Trask.  
 Kyrick at 11 months.
I am so excited. I get to see Kyrick and Tiki at the Annual Chinook PicNook next month.

Paws crossed that the canine produced blogspot formatting will disappear when I re-boot. I still have 5 more pups to profile and really don't want to take another trip back to Trader Joes.