BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Monday, July 7, 2014

Summer Sun

I may just have to quit complaining about the massive clear-cut next door.  I can now see the morning sun and...
evening alpen-glow over the cascade mountains from my fence line.
 Mt. Washington.
Not only did ol' sol provide for spectacular beauty this weekend, but she made for unseasonably hot days. Days when swim breaks are necessary for woman and beasts.
 Trask resumed his search for the "big one".
 "Come quick mom! I really did see one!"
 "Really"
Cedar is not big on swimming. She prefers to watch then retreat to the shade of the trees.
Trask taking advantage of height and the shade to continue stalking fish.
I am treading waater with my camera resting on a swim noodle while I photograph.  I couldn't resist trying to sneak up the iridescent dragonflys. A  close-up, with a point-&-shoot camera, actually produced an interesting photo. The camera battery went dead after this shot. I'll have to do more experimenting next time.
Today between cooling swims, I took the weed-whacker to the stinging nettles and blackberries along the fence line so I can have easier access to the cascade views. Now I just need to get the tree house done.