BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Thursday, October 23, 2014

A Day in the Life of BrownStone Chinooks

The bathtub normally doubles as the dog's toy box. In preparation for a predicted huge storm, I moved the toys out and filled the tub with water. (no power = no water)  He-who-must-have-something-in-his-mouth-at-all-times eagerly brought me toy after toy all morning. When I went downstairs around noon, I found that Trask had dumped and emptied the basket in search of his newly, rediscovered toys. 
This afternoon I was doing one last e-mail check before heading off to Rally class with Cedar when Trask and Cedar came in and jumped onto my lap. These photos do not do their muck caked bodies justice. Then again a large portion of their mud is on my once-clean clothes.
"Honest mom, I wasn't digging up cattail roots in the pond muck."
When I took them outside to clean them off, a somewhat less muddy Koyuk joined the grubby duo.
Trask covered in really stinky, grey-clay muck.
The phone rang - another irritating, election-issue solicitor. While I was on the phone and before I was able to completely wash the dogs, they snuck into the house and made a beeline for the bed.
They look so innocent.