BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Decorating with Chinooks

By October 1st each year I usually have my "fall" porch decorations up. I take down the fuchsia baskets and hang my autumn baskets which are adorned with orange lights. Gourds and pumpkins from the garden complete the scene. This year it is still in the 80's and my fuchsia baskets have never looked better. But, since Halloween is fast upon us and I found this wonderful garden gnome, I now have a mixture of summer baskets and fall gourds.
Trask, he who must put everything that fits into his mouth, showed up just as I was taking pictures of my decorating efforts.
 "Leave it"
I ran into the house, grabbed the bitter apple spray and coated the gnome and all gourds. This picture was taken after one lick of a tempting squash.
 My handsome boy.

Koyuk and Cedar joined us on the porch. They checked out the decorations while Trask checked out the fuchsia. 
 It is now officially Autumn.
 "Enough pictures. Can we go now?"
Bitter Apple spray has proved not to be a deterrent. Between Trask, the deer and I suspect racoons, this morning I have a front yard littered with chewed upon gourds and pictures for the memory of my efforts.