BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

All Packed Up...

Both the dogs and I were full of excited anticipation this morning. We were going to find snow and mush. Rain wasn't predicted until evening; the sled was secured: and the van was all packed up. I even threw in my downhill ski stuff to catch a few downhill runs after our sled run.
When I heard the rain in the night, my dreams were of fresh snow. Dave left to Ski Patrol at 0530 - not an hour I frequent. An hour and a half later as I was locking the house up, he called to say it was pouring at the ski area and water was running down the almost bare pavement where I planned to mush. I got the disappointed dogs out of the van; re-heated a mug of coffee; and read the Sunday paper while still in my ski clothes.
I was so bummed I even washed the muddy van - not a chore I frequent.
Now bored and bummed, I took down and put away the last of Christmas...
and decorated the fireplace for winter.  Maybe Ma Nature will take a hint and bring us snow.