BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Play Date

The dogs resting in the meadow that once was a lawn.Yesterday, Lupin and her human family came over for a long overdue play date. The excited dogs immediately engaged in vigorous games of Chinook tag. While the dogs were zooming around the house, Anna was checking out the agility equipment. She has mastered the dog walk. The teeter is a new addition. To her, sitting on one side was not how the teeter-totter was to be used. Fearless Anna wanted to go on it the way the dogs do. Unfortunately I did not have my camera. Anna convinced her mother that she could walk the length of the teeter. Just as Anna reached the tip point, Klara put the metal dog water bowl on the down end. Thunk!, Bang! Splash! Anna was right, walking the teeter is much more entertaining than just sitting there and going up and down.
Once inside Lupin always raids the toy basket. Klara is quick to follow the search for a new toy. Yesterday, Lupin first found the dog bed full of bones and settled in for a chew. After rummaging through the pile, Klara grabbed her own perfect bone to gnaw. (not!)How I wish I had grown-up like Anna and Klara! My parent's mantra was "don't - you will get hurt". We lived in constant fear of bumps, bruises or worse. My run-away tricycle accident, which left permanent scars on my knees and an almost immobilizing fear of going downhill, was always alluded to whenever I attempted anything adventurous including riding a trike again. It was a pretty confining childhood for a tomboy. Fortunately, I have been able to lead a life of adventure and exploration since leaving home. Though as much as I have tried to overcome it, I still fear going downhill.