BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

More Than One Way to Keep Warm

Yesterday, after another harrowing rig ride to get the paper, I decided that besides exercise, I need something to improve my recovery-after-thrown-off-balance ability. I loaded up the dogs and headed to town to buy a Wii with balance board for my birthday present from me.
To add a bit of luxury to my dog van and because it takes a few miles before the heater kicks in, I have put in a seat heat pad. This trip I got a bit more heat than I had planned. On the way to town, the smell of an electrical fire and melting poly padding alerted me to the smoldering heat pad internal wiring. By the time I could safely pull over, my butt was not only overly warm but the seat leather was scorched. Oops. Not good!

Kitty seeking warmth on the batting "snow".
Last night Dave added the Wii wiring to the cat's cradle behind the TV then spent the next hour laughing hard while watching me try various balance and strength exercises. Both of us were warmed by my uncoordinated efforts.
The ultimate way to get warm was my midnight hot tub soak. Ahh yes - wine, near full moon making frozen surfaces sparkle, stars, 20 degrees out while soaking in a 104 degree hot tub. Of course that was followed by 4 Chinooks and 1 cat smothering me while I fell asleep.