BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

White Christmas

Pouring rain at home on Christmas day, no problem - get your White in the mountains. With predicted near-blizzard conditions and three feet of unpacked snow, neither the dogs or I would have had any fun trying to mush so reluctantly, at the last minute, we left the van with the sled on top and dogs at home. 
Dave and I fixed our annual Christmas dinner for ski patrollers and their families. Dave outdid himself with a very moist, delicious, 22 lb BBQ turkey cooked over a broth containing oranges, garlic, peppers, onions, parsley, butter and carrots. He cooked while I skied the fresh powder. Well - I did all the prep work and it only takes one to watch a turkey bake.
It blew and snowed very hard all day. Skiing for the first time of the season was tough in the deep snow and near white-out, flat light (not complaining - just the facts - then again my thighs are really complaining. I do need to get more exercise). Even with the camera, the conditions make this very steep run look flat. 
It was blowing so hard, the icicles on the lee side of the building grew lacy and bending every which way. They were several feet long by the end of the day. I have never seen icicles quite like them. Too bad I didn't have my good camera.

The dogs are letting me know that Christmas day is about to end and that I really need to get to bed. Happy Holidays.