BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Monday, June 8, 2015

Another Right-of-Passage

My sister provided me with all the advantages of 5 daughters (well nieces) without having to give birth or raise them. My sister also married a Brown so I could claim the girls on occasion. What I have gotten is the joy of watching them grow up and to participate in their rights-of-passage. Yesterday my niece Natalie celebrated her wedding shower.
Four of my nieces and two grand-nieces: Kendra, Abigail, Emily, Cadence, Natalie and Amanda.  Vanessa was seriously ill at the time of the party. In fact, she was in the ER and later admitted to the hospital. 
Amanda, the oldest and mother of 3, surprised us by flying in from Nevada.
 Cadence, Amanda's daughter.  The boys stayed home.
 Second oldest and mother of twins: Kendra
 Kendra with daughter Abigail (again the boys stayed home)
 Abigail
 Bride-to-Be Natalie
 The youngest: Emily
My sister and wonderful mother of 5 daughters, Linda with Emily
 Emily with Abigail
 Natalie with Cadence
 Emily, Cadence and Natalie
 Best friends since grade school.
 The bridal party
 Of course there were the gifts...
 and the rehearsal bouquet.
 The Brown girls: Linda, Kendra, Abbey, Emily, Cadence, Natalie, me and Amanda.