BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Thursday, March 24, 2016

What the dogs have been up to recently

Not having a computer then having to learn a new OS; loosing all my programs; trying to make old programs install and work and; finding files that were all dumped unsorted into one "library" sucks.  I still don't exactly know what a "library" is or how to best access it's contents but it appears to be key to my frustrations and successes. All of my pictures were randomly stashed and left without thumbnails. But alas too much has been happening to let that stop me from blogging.
Of course the dogs aren't listening to my whining computer woes...
so I'll move on to pictures I was able to identify.
Oregon Spring starts weed pulling time.  Knowing exactly where I am going to pull the next patch, the dogs, as always, are great help.
Big News! Trask finally got his Canine Good Citizen title. I have been putting off testing until he was a bit more in control of his impulses but the class instructors surprised me with an "it's about time he takes the test". I didn't realize I had the easy walker still on him until I looked at the pictures. Trask LOVES going to class.  I need the easy walker to prevent him from dragging me through the parking lot and into the building. His award ceremony included a pig ear award for him and ribbon and certificate for me.
Did I mention that he has problems with enthusiastic impulse control?
 Finally he sat still for a picture but...
 was always aware of the hand holding the pig ear.
Spring in Oregon comes with pouring rain, hail and brilliant sunshine all within every hour. I ran outside with the dogs and my camera on several occasions to take advantage of the light.
Handsome Trask
 Just can't get enough pictures of him.
 Cedar hates to have her picture taken.
 Pensive Koyuk
 Trask with mom Koyuk
Spring weather in Oregon also includes snow. 
Trask kicking up his heels with delight.
Another of handsome Trask.
 The BrownStone pack before the snow turned to rain.
Recent weather and pictures have been random, changing and always beautiful. My blog is just a snip-it of my life and maintained to store my memories and others enjoyment.