BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

A Month of Lots Happening

While running the dogs I came across a large oak down and blocking the road to the back pond. Not wanting to run the chainsaw alone and isolated, Dave agreed to drive over with me to supervise. Once he saw the tree, he decided that "more power" would work best - we could just move the tree using the Kubota. Getting the tree most of the way off the road went easily.  While I was setting up a choker on the far end, Dave determined pushing from the near end was the way to go. To position himself he backed the Kubota off the edge of the road into a blackberry vine covered spring. Neither Dave, the Kubota or the tree were going anywhere.
I got my much needed "more woods time" hiking all the way back to the barn. I grabbed chains, come-alongs, straps and the all important camera then drove the tractor back to drag out the Kubota and finish the log removal.
With the road clear, it was time for the annual greens gathering. The Lind family took the Kubota...
 while I took my quad.
Trask ran past the invisible fence to join us. I love that I caught his tongue in action as he shook off after his cooling swim.
Then there was Thanksgiving. Thursday we dined with Dave's family for the Brown celebration complete with great nephews and our great niece.
Friday I went to my sister's house for Lee-Brown festivities. (Yes my sister and I both married Browns)
Lucy Joy, the newest addition to the family.
 With all five of my nieces now married, the kids table looks quite different..
A long standing Lee-Brown Thanksgiving tradition is the building of gingerbread houses. We paired up, grabbed the gingerbread, frosting and candy and created away.
This one was dubbed the "Slum Lords Dream" complete with white picket fence.
My partner and I created the Cozy Red Roof Inn with a garden path, shrubbery, decorated trees, chimney smoke and an outhouse complete with a moon on the door.
 Totally Organic with a flowering green roof, garden path, electric car and snowman.
 Artsy Abode
 Fantasy House for the newly weds.
There was also a senior living condo and ski lift top shack. After all the creations were presented a frosting "avalanche" demolished the ski shack.Red Roof Inn met with a global warming demise (microwave oven). The Slum Lord Dream was demolished in an earthquake and the Organic abode was washed away in a flood. What's a holiday without traditions?
The Lee-Brown-Ayers gathering
Topy dog was decked out for the Oregon-Oregon State game. Oregon couldn't focus any better than I could and lost.
Rainy day inside dogs.

December 6th it snowed.
I rushed to get the lights up.
 Trask
 Vineman getting dressed for winter.
CH, PR Moonsong Cedar River Touchdown, CGC, WSD turned 10 on December 8th. She can still outrun her daughter Koyuk and grandson Trask.
Koyuk was more interested in seeing what was on for the birthday dinner, than posing for another photo.
Well - a lot happened during the last month and now I am finally caught up.