BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Beautiful Morning - Tasky Day - Horrible Evening

The dogs were very persuasive when it came to getting up early this morning. After one look outside, I ran out with my sheers and camera.
Morning bouquet
 VineMan welcoming the day.
 First light on the poppies.
 Plumping Koyuk
 "Come on guys - just one more shot and you will get breakfast."
 Got it.
Koyuk is gaining weight - puppies or lazies?
Good thing the dogs got me going early. Nothing around here is a one step process. Thus far today that truism held. Dave lost two wheels on his mower and it was in my way of my boat. After finding the the wheels, I had to find a shovel down in the garden to dig holes so I could fit them back on and bolts to replace the pins that had been lost somewhere in the yard. Then I could move the mower and move my boat trailer in to the garage so I could put my boat on it. The tire was flat on the boat trailer. It came off the rim as I moved it to the garage. With the totally-in-my-way-canine-assistance, all of the items pictured, including two socket sets, wrenches of various sizes, air tools, two straps (the first broke while making a windless to go around the tire), house jack, CRC, spray soap and of course the last of my morning coffee were used in the process of getting the tire back on the rim and inflated.
 A frozen wheel bolt prevented me from just taking the tire to town.
Everything is now put away. I am having a relaxing lunch while editing pictures then it is off to finally putting the boat on the trailer.  Or maybe napping in the grass with the dogs - after mowing it that is.

Mowing is done. A dump load of weeds are pulled. The boat is on the trailer. However, a day that started out so beautiful did not end that way. My dog are enclosed in an invisible fence system. I heard ruckus barking while sipping my wine on the back patio but thought it was the dogs going crazy because the kids next door were having an end-of-school party. The usual quiet of the evening filled with rap music and barking. Then Dave called me to deal with Cedar's wounds.
These had to have been caused by a neighborhood dog coming into the invisible fence area of our yard. My beautiful, sweet, National Champion of Champions Cedar is now a scar face.
These pictures were taken after I cleaned up the blood. There is not enough wine to end this day.