BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Overdue Pupdate

Challenges this year have shifted my focus away for keeping up with the Pupdates. The past three months were a jumble of emotions and activities. However, as many blog followers do, I too look forward to the Pupdates so here is February - April 2019.

February 2019
BtownStone CHK Century Kate MT Tika
 Moonsong Mouse (Cascade Peaks litter foster pup - Silver)
BrownStone Cascade Mt Mazama (Bramble) with BrownStone Iditarod Takotna (Muku)
BrownStone CNK Century Wind (Ullr)
BrownStone home pack
February 4, 2019 "It's Snowing!"
Jake is not impressed
February 10, 2019
Playing in snow is hard work.
February 13, 2019 Handsome boy with his toy.
 February 23, 2019 Blowing coat. One dog down, two more to go.
February 23, 2019
Cedar
"Look Mom, more snow!"
 Koyuk
March 2019
Happy 9th Birthday BrownStone Iditarod litter.
BrownStone Iditarod Koyuk, CGC, CGCA, CGCU, TT, WSD, RN
 Koyuk, Trask and Cedar during the birthday celebration
 BrownStone Iditarod Takotna (Muku) on her birthday.
 with BrownStone Cascade Mt. Mazama (Bramble)
BrownStone CHK Century Kate MT (Tika) March 18, 2019
 March 23, 2019
 March 25, 2019 with Desert Sol Kima
 BrownStone CHK Century Wind (Ullr) March 13, 2019
BrownStone Home Pack
Early morning sun.
 March 17, 2019 Still got snow.
April 2019
RIP BrownStone Tiki September 30, 2004- April 12, 2019
Tiki was daughter of McKenzie from the second BrownStone litter. In 2013 BrownStone Cascade Mt. Pahto (Kyrik) joined her family.






BrownStone CHK Century Mt. Washington (Remy) with Nuka
















   BrownStone CHK Century Wind (Ullr)
We were fortunate to have Ullr as our guest for a couple of weeks.
Ullr with Trask
 Ullr, Trask, Cedar and Koyuk
April 9, 2019
April 12 The yard flooded after many days of rain.
Ullr checking out the new pond.
An added dimension for Chinook tag.
April 16, 2019 I am taking a photo class and for my project I hope to get worthy pictures of the dogs. Everything has to be shot manually and without after-shot editing. I have a LOT to learn.
Koyuk
 Trask
 Trask - nice shot, poor white balance.
April 17, 2019 Trask presented me with a squirrel to add to his portrait.
"I am not giving it up. You just have to take your picture where I am."
 Cedar - white balance tripped me up again.
 Trask - need a lot of work figuring out depth of field.
 Koyuk - composition and depth of field issues.
April 20, 2019 When I started this photo, Koyuk and Cedar were entangled in one another's legs. By the time I figured out the camera settings, Koyuk had moved away.  Dogs and photography is harder than I thought.
April 21, 2019 - Trask after chasing a weasel hiding in a muddy ditch pipe for over an hour. Only after I took the shot did I notice the dead mouse caught in his collar.
4-23-2019  Koyuk - my skills are improving.
Well, I have blown hours finding and downloading photos to this post. Time to move on to actually studding for my photo class.