BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

About Time Update

I see that I started a post way back when the Covid lockdown started. That post needs editing which will happen some day. It includes several pictures and each takes about 15 minutes to upload so getting back to it is worth the effort. It looks like blogspot was changed some of it's formatting since I was last on. This could be an interesting post.

Right now all I want to do it sit down and laugh/cry. I am still living in the mudroom 11 months into the remodel. 99% of my clothes, including all summer clothes since the remodel was to be completed before spring at the latest, are in a POD in a storage warehouse somewhere. I am taking this virus seriously and not risking store shopping for more clothing even though some stores are now open. I did buy 3 tees on line to tide me over the hot months. My needs are simple. I have gone to the store once about every 6 weeks when I run out of dog food, Costco margaritas, milk and salad fixings. Other than being comfortable, my wardrobe needs are limited, as my choices. 

At one point I decided I wanted a pergola over my new, about to be built, someday patio and to replace the front porch posts. The crew went up in the woods and got me 20 15-30' logs off the junk cold-deck and bought me a draw knife. I used my log hauler, which I never wanted but Dave got for me on my 66th birthday anyway, to stack the logs in the yard. (Dave is definitely  looking down and laughing. I love my log hauler). I watched youtube videos on how to peel logs and went to work. There is a reason all the videos were done when it was snowing. Peeling is hot work and it is in the high 80s right now. 



This morning Koyuk had a routine vet exam. I also needed to return some hardware I had bought on line and pick up Rx. I got spiffed up in my one clean new tee;  threw the rest of my clothes, PJs, towels and sheets in the washer and; headed to town. I was off (early) by a few hours on the vet appointment. I still have issues with cell phone calendars. I went to get the Rx, but was early there too. I then went to mail back the hardware. I don't have a printer so planned on creating a label at UPS.  My computer PW are my fingerprint. My cell phone needed an actual PW. So struck out on that errand too. Oh well I have to go back to town for the vet appointment and can pick up the Rx and mail the package later. To town twice in a day when I haven't gone twice in a month for months. (Well that is an interesting format I can't seem to do anything about)

Laundry was done when I got home. I took it out of the washer and to my horror, everything had dog-fur pitch balls stuck to it. Everything. I had not thrown in my pants, which I knew had pitch on them. All I can figure is that some pitch must have been in my socks and more down the front of my tee. That reasoning comes from the fact that my bra was coated as was the inside of a tee. The washer drum also had smears of dog fur coated pitch. The clothes were washed in cold water but I still have pitch stuck to everything - everything and not just a little bit. My wardrobe is very limited.  I only have one set of sheets. I tried removing the pitch with mineral spirits. Some items had to be tossed. I am currently trying a second washing to see if everything has to be thrown away.

I have 4 logs peeled. I do plan to totally dedicate one set of clothes and socks to the process from now on. I am through laughing/crying and need to get back to work so something gets done today before I head back to town, Twice in one day - this is almost scary.

Also scary is the fact that I can't do a post preview and edit. Paws crossed as I hit publish.