BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Friday, February 11, 2011

A Day Well Spent

Today, among many other chores, I filled the pot holes in our road and blew up the tires on the rig. Time to test the new brake system. Actually, still a bit cautious after two bad spills in a row, I waited until Dave got home before I took a test drive.
The dogs were so excited when they realized we were going for a run that they kept running off down the road even before they were in harness.
a mighty heave and we were off
still flying on the way back
smiles all around
neither dog wanted the run to be over
The brakes do not hold when going downhill under power. I am going to have to wrap my head around that sensation. The dogs have a ways to go before they are fit enough to take the hills without my pushing assistance. I have a ways to go before I can offer speed with my pushing assistance.