BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Logo Design Finally to Printer

This summer the Chinook National Speciality will be hold in the Seattle area. Chinook dogs from all over the nation will be competing against each other on confirmation. The last time this prestigious event was held closer than Kansas was nine years ago. I completed my design for the Chinook National Speciality logo a couple weeks ago but had to hide it away so I would quit fiddling with it. I just took it out to get ready for the printer. I wanted to incorporate traditional Northwest Coast Indian (sometimes referred to as Chinook) Art into the design to celebrate the place and breed name tie in. This final version is a long way from my original idea (rough draft below). The creation of the logo was an arduous process but worth it. I am excited about how well it has been received.