BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Chinooks Show Off

Yesterday two AKC judges drove down from Canada and Portland to get 'hands-on' education with Chinooks. They were here to learn about the breed but I also learned about confirmation and judging. 
I am still bummed I did not get a picture of the 5 beautifully brushed Chinooks with the two wonderful judges. 
Brushing my pack is a challenge, not because they don't like it, quite the contrary, all want the attention and stroking and continually vie for a position under my hand or to be on top of me. Grooming is also a challenge because they do it lying down. All of the dogs were blowing their winter under coat. Hunks of dense under-fur make them look akin to a musk-ox in spring. This usually lasts for only a day or two but would not present well to judges. I was afraid I would not get both sides of each dog done before the judges got here. Since the dogs have a preference of which side they lie on, for a while, I had one sided, beautiful, fluffy dogs. 

This morning, Carie of Moonsong Chinooks sent me a picture of Jiggles, father of Cedar's pups. 
He is a handsome boy. I can't wait to see the pups whelp in June.