BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Home Again

I did not post the fact that the other three dogs were in critical care when I wrote Willy's tribute. Tonight the deafening quiet of  the house without too long nails, clattering behind me wherever I went again has the cheerful noise. McKenzie is on the mend and was ready to come home. In her mind - more than ready. Cedar is still quite ill but everyone had fears of stress of being in the hospital might put her pups at risk more than her coming home. Koyuk is still in guarded condition but far better than the critical she has been until this evening. She remains in the hospital.
The three girls went absolutely crazy when we entered their area of the hospital. Until then ,no one had heard anything but occasional whines and whimpers from them. All were quite surprised at their howling and excited barking. McKenzie about wiggled herself inside out. Dave had to take her to an exam room to bring healing peace back to the hospital. I held Cedar and Koyuk as Cedar finished her last IV. I had Koyuk sedated when I left. Hopefully tomorrow she will get to join the others at home.
Dave getting quality time with the girls.
I am overwhelmed with the outpouring of love and caring we have received during these hard times. Thank you. My heart remains shattered over Willy but know you share the remaining pieces.