BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Busy, Hot Days

The dogs and I have been busy and hot this week. Almost all of the winter storm damage has been cleaned up but the weeds have thrived. Between pulling weeds, I went on a search for parts to upgrade Ferrari. With only two dogs, I wanted the rig to be lighter and more efficient. I also want the illusive working brakes. The computer geek saw pictures of proposed rig changes while waiting for my hard drive to clean. It turns out he is also a welder. He sent me on the search for parts. I have now looked at every 20", used bike in the Eugene/Springfield area and today finally found parts for two identical bikes. 
Koyuk checking out the rig and parts

Weed pulling is hot work. Swimming is the best way for me to cool off.  Willy's claws had destroyed every air-mattress I bought (and my back when he tried to climb on me while swimming). Knowing that Koyuk's nails would probably do the same, I came up with the idea of using a partially inflated pontoon off the cat-a-raft. Koyuk soon figured out how to climb on and go for a ride. We had a blast floating on and diving off it.  McKenzie just swam around. Cedar could not be enticed into the pond and laid panting while watching us swim. The only problem with a partially inflated pontoon is that the case becomes full of water.
draining pontoon
 Keeping the outside water bowl full is impossible. I found this nifty dog bone motif pool.
this "pond" was more to Cedar's liking