BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Dogs - Gotta Love 'em

Koyuk came up to me and pawed my leg for attention. Her left eye was swollen shut. I didn't know if there was something in there or it was an allergic reaction. By the time we got to the vet ten minutes later, both eyes were swollen. By the time the Dr. got into the room, she had bumps all over her head. This picture was taken 20 minutes after the benadryl and steroid shots. And it is only the start of yellow-jacket season... AARG!
While I rushed Koyuk to the vet, Houdini McKenzie raided the dog-food container. I need to borrow a video camera to see how she does it. The container has a screw top lid which I close by bracing my feet against the bucket and use both hands to screw the lid on tight. I then have two stacked cases containing 12 gallons of laundry soap blocking in the food container. McKenzie has to move the heavy cases out of the way; pull the 5 gallon food container out into the room; then open the food container. She does it without leaving teeth marks of having anything to brace it on..
Cedar and Koyuk enjoying the food she spilled.
Postscript: Koyuk required another 50 mg of Benadryl and has now earned the name "Funny Face." I am sure Barbara Streisand will approve. McKenzie is not eating in the above picture. She had already had her fill which now has her quite bloated.