BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Happy Birthday McKenzie

Every morning, unlike the other family Nooks who paw me relentlessly until I get up, McKenzie patiently waits at the bedside with a toy gift for the new day. She has always done this. When she was younger, the presentation also included a toy parade around the room, but with age she quietly waits. My day also starts with a game of peek-a-boo. She comes between my legs from behind and pokes her grinning face up under my PJs as I say "peek-a-boo". We both love this game. We both grin.
Today McKenzie turns 13. (I thought 14 but apparently can't add years and was corrected by her breeder). For fun, we performed the requirements of an AKC Obedience test. She was spot on and loved the exercise. McKenzie is getting grey and is a little slow on the run but she is still #1 around here.
BrownStone Birthday Party. Koyuk, McKenzie, Cedar and Trask.