BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Party Time

This blog is about BrownStone Chinooks but I would be remiss to not include other big events in our lives. Dave, my remarkable husband, retired and had a birthday on the same day.  What better excuse for a party?!  All summer I planned a party with tables dispersed under the fruit trees ending with a spectacular Harvest Moon rising over the pond. We had not had any rain since April. I had to mow at sunrise because of the fire hazard level. I hand-watered daily to keep the gardens fresh. My efforts paid off. The yard and orchard were beautiful. Then, Ma Nature decided that maybe we could use an end to our drought. While we were desperate for rain, it could have been any other day.  I did a last minute, mad scramble to turn the carport and garage into party central.  Several friends came early to help decorate and set up. 
Dave knew I was throwing a party but was totally surprised when over 150 people showed up. He shouldn't have been.  He is so well loved and has done so much as a volunteer for the Yacht Club, Ski Patrol and community.
 Without the boat, truck and motor home, the carport provided cozy shelter.
My sister Linda and her husband really came through for me.  Totally unlike me, they love to clean house and spent the day before and day of the party cleaning everywhere from windows to inside the garage refrigerator.  During the party, Lind took charge of the kitchen.  We had so much food, that everyone went home with baggies of leftovers which she prepared and handed out.
My nieces, Natalie and Emily made this picture collage: Lind mascaraing as Dave; the singing of "Happy Birthday"; decoration; and Natalie (who came down from Portland), Lind (who I didn't know stopped long enough for a picture) and Emily, (who came down from Seattle).
 Some of our wonderful friends.

The Chinooks spent the day in their kennel with huge, meaty bones.  Three dogs underfoot, in close quarters with an abundance of food...I think not.