BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Early July at BrownStone Chinooks

The dog's kennel contains a large Jasmine plant wafting heavenly. The early morning light was back-lighting the Jasmine. I couldn't resist grabbing my camera for the shot.
As soon as they realized my pocket was full of treats the dogs joined me for a photo op.
I encourage swallows. Even with all the water around here, swallows keep the mosquitoes at bay. This year we added 9 more nesting boxes. One persistent pair still chose the light in the garage, over the back door, to nest. They successfully raised 6 chicks and made a phenomenal mess of the back stoop and our cars. I caught this picture the day they all flew away.
The topiaries on the back patio were seriously root bound. I could not keep up with the sculpted plants in the entry way. Those got pruned and moved. The cypress now take their place. I turned from taking this picture to see...
the dogs in the morning light.
Cedar
 Trask
 Koyuk
 Another of the handsome boy.
I just let the dogs know that they would be cat food if they dug up the new transplants.
My office is upstairs. The coffee pot is downstairs. Each morning I have to step over the gauntlet of dogs to get from the coffee pot to my computer.
Koyuk on the stairs.
 Trask and Cedar in the office.
If I move to another room for a period of time, they position themselves in the exit path. Chinooks always want to know what you are doing and don't want to miss anything if you move.