BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Lupin Memories

We were so fortunate to have BrownStone Lupin "Lupie" share part of her time with us over the years. Thanks to a wet, snowy day today, I have finally found time to search for archived pictures (not easy when they are all jumbled in cyber world storage.)
I tried to make Lupin a sled dog but was not successful due to Team Nookies and my inexperience. My friend Jackie and I started in the winter of 2006 with Frontier Rosie (Lupin's aunt), McKenzie, Willy and Lupin. We went on several short trips that winter and the next.
 In 2008 Team Nookies (Lupin, Willy and Cedar) entered our first race.
Lupin with me at the 2009 Experience the Next Level sledding event.
 Cedar and Lupin giving it their all.
 Koyuk, Lupin, McKenzie, Cedar and Willy playing with A.
 Lupin, and Willy watching K. throw rocks on the frozen pond ice.
 McKenzie, Willy, Cedar, Koyuk and Lupin
 Always room for everyone.
Lupin, Cedar, Koyuk, Willy and McKenzie
 Lupin with mom McKenzie
Prior to McKenzie's death.
Miscellaneous found photos. Unfortunately, the only way to tell chronological order is by how much A and K have grown
Holiday Season stay 2016
 Lupin was still right in the mix during Chinook Tag.
 She may have been 14 years old, but she still followed me about as I checked storm damage.
The last picture of Cedar, Lupin, Koyuk and Trask 1/2/2017
I have given up on finding a picture I know exists of when Lupin and Willy were puppies and trying to pose for a Christmas photo. The several out-takes remain clearly in my mind but are lost digitally. Snow is still falling. With my search over, not wanting to quite leave Lupin archives quite yet, I took the housebound opportunity to play with one of my favorite pictures of Lupin.
I so miss her and the way she was always excited to see me. But alas, some of my fond memories are now complied in one place. I do believe she is with my beloved McKenzie, her mother and Silly Willy, her brother.