BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Sunday, December 30, 2018

BrownStone Pupdate

The last Pupdate of the year contains bits and pieces of pictures and events that are new since or were missed in the last Pupdate.
Team Nookies
I knew I was going to be gone most of the day so just before I took off for Christmas with Dave's family, I let the dogs out to run. When I called them in, they came up from the barn, covered in blood. I suspect they had had the resident fox cornered.
I really had to get on the road to make it to in time for Christmas lunch, so I quickly assessed their wounds; cleaned them up and; hit the freeway to Portland.
I left immediately after the gift exchange so I could get home to do a more through exam on the dogs to see if I needed to go to the e-vet. Unfortunately, on the way home, my van suddenly stopped. It was raining and blowing so hard that I could only see the vehicle tail lights in front of me. The freeway was packed with holiday travelers. Somehow I coasted to the side of the road without getting hit. I didn't have a clue where I was on the freeway. I guessed I was in Salem but had to wait until the storm lessened before I could see some land marks. I am now the biggest fan of AAA - EVER! It was late by the time I got home but between my auto mechanic, who left a party to open his shop; let me drop off the van and; provided me with a loaner and the wonderful AAA two truck driver, I made it comfortably and feeling well cared for.
The next day I found out that my fuel pump had puked. Trask took full advantage of being injured.
Trask with new scars and soaking up sympathy.
BrownStone Cascade Mt.Koma, CGC, CG (Liaka)
December 14
Kay Lee -
 I took a couple of photos of Laika and me at the American Express "Interactive" conference today.  We were working at the "Puppies and Ice Cream" station.  Needless to say, Laika got a lot of attention from the convention goers.
 Merry Christmas to you and your family!
 Warm regards,
Jim
BrownStone CNK Century Wind (Ullr) in search of the perfect Christmas tree and...
 assisting with decorations.
BrownStone CNK Century Treadwell (Cedar) came for a visit last week.
 Cedar is a really handsome boy and is quite a bit bigger than Ullr.
Unfortunately Trask and Ullr became territorial. Instead of a play date, they were banned to the kennel with mom Koyuk and grandmother Cedar.
Ullr, Trask, Cedar, Koyuk
The day is now almost over. Since starting this post, I had a wonderful visit from long time, close friends, Larry and Sandy. We shared an afternoon filled with laughs and memories.
The dogs and cat are letting me know that diner time is coming up quickly. Jake is bating at the courser on the monitor and the dogs are assisting with keyboard strokes.