BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Monday, December 31, 2018

BrownStone Year End Post

Another year is almost over. What a year it has been. I want to thank the special people in my life who have listened without judgement, helped without conditions, understood with empathy and loved me no matter what. I also need to thank my Chinooks. They stood watch over Dave as he laid dying. They smother me with love throughout the night. They know when I am grieving and make sure they are always within ear-scritch length away. They bring me such joy and laughter.

Unlike the dogs, my camera has not always been by my side. Along with the usual "loose weight and get in shape" New Years resolutions, I resolve to learn more about photography and make more frequent posts in 2019.

Tomorrow and the future will be much brighter. I feel as if I am climbing the last steps up a mountain. On the way down I will be able to look back and at the same time move on. 2019 will bring new challenges, new victories and new adventures. I will coddiwomple.