BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Saturday, February 9, 2019

More Snow!!!


Around midnight I sat in the hot tub with feet up on the edge. Invisible, cold snowflakes were soft kisses on my legs and feet while the rest of me relaxed in the hot water. Only after the ½" of snow accumulating on my head and soaking through my hair did I head back to bed.
This morning I awoke to about 4" of heavy, wet snow. We ended up with a total of about 5" before it stopped snowing and started shrinking under it's own warning weight. The dogs were as excited as I was.
Breakfast coffee view from my office. 
 Frozen pond with ice laden power lines. 
Start of the day's poses. I used up a LOT of dog treats. Chinook tag was way more enticing than sitting still on the snow.
Cedar is sure Koyuk must have treat remnants.
  mom Koyuk and son Trask
 mom Cedar and daughter Koyuk
"got more treats?"
 Beautiful Matriarch Cedar 
By mid morning it had stopped snowing and the sun came out. Pose in front of the buried Zen Frog.
Paradise yard
Koyuk and Cedar 
Nature's Sculpture Tree with woodpecker.
An accumulation of snow is not all fun and games. There are walks to shovel. The ornamental bushes need to be swept free of snow to prevent delicate branches from breaking. The 25 year old kennel roof needs to be cleared of snow. The roof is vulnerable to not only the weight of the snow on top of it but also snow sheeting off and crashing down from the metal roof 16' above. The one thing in my storm prep I had omitted was moving the 12' ladder and floor squeegee from the back of the house to the kennel. Guess I am way out of practice with my snow storm prep.
I can never get enough of seeing Chinooks in the snow.
Koyuk
Can't forget Vineman. His heart is nicely outlined with snow.
 The pond in the afternoon sun after the power-lines were freed of their weighty load.
Lucy's sun catcher heart adding a splash of color to the day.
Unfortunately there was not enough snow to make dog sledding possible. Maybe tomorrow?