BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Monday, February 4, 2019

Snow!!!

At 2245 last night, Jake awoke me by jumping up onto my face and shaking the snow off his body. I threw him off and ran to the outdoor light switch. It's Snowing!!!
Jake
A week ago the sun finally reached over the ridge and lit the back yard.
Today, the first snow of the winter covered the back yard.
My great niece Lucy, with her mom's help, made me a valentine sun catcher. I let her know that I was hanging it between the snow flakes Anna and Klara had made me because I was still hopeful that we might get snow this winter.
There are valid reasons I get nothing done on snow days.
1) I forget I am not 9 years old. 
2) The dogs instinctively know they are a sled dog breed and forget they are not 2 years old.
3) Growing up "no work time" was always declared whenever it was snowing. The family would park on the sofa in front of the window.
4) I own a digital SLR camera and can shoot a couple hundred pictures that catch my fancy.
5) I waste an inordinate amount of time sorting and posting the pictures.
The following pictures were taken during numerous outings.
Cedar
 Koyuk
 Trask
 Team Nookies
The woodpecker on my "Nature's Sculpture" tree is camouflaged by snow.
 "Mom, it is much more fun to play than pose."
 Trask during a brief sun break
 Cedar
 Koyuk
 Team Nookies
 Cedar
 Koyuk
 Trask
  "Are we finally done posing?"
Out-of-town company is coming. The house needs some serious cleaning. But - there is snow! I am declaring a "no work time" until it melts. Keeping traditions is important after all.
It is again snowing lightly as I finish this post. I actually did dust off the dog sled today but running on bare gravel spots causes sudden, unwanted stopping to say nothing of runner surface damage. Maybe tomorrow will bring enough snow to dog sled. One can only hope. The day most likely will involve many more pictures and no housekeeping.