BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snow Play Day


The dogs and I finally got to leave the valley rain behind and head for the mountain snow. To take advantage of 1" new, somewhat damp, powder on Oregon cement I started the day with several downhill ski runs. I then skate-skied around the bunny slope. Without a Chinook team to pull the sled next weekend, I will be skijoring in the Valentine Fun Race with a tow from Willy. Before I hook him up to me and inevitably crash on take-off, I wanted to see if I could even still ski on skinny skis (barely).


Then it was the dog's turn for snow play. We went to an area where they could run freely. I wanted to take a picture of Cedar to match the one of Dakota, her stud, but alas with only inches of snow, I was not able to replicate his. I did get a lot of great pictures of the dogs thoroughly enjoying themselves.


Cedar totally amazed me with her jumping ability. She easily cleared 10' wide ditches both up and down hill. This is my pregnant girl.


The dogs ran, rolled, explored, caught snowballs, chased and jumped for a couple of hours.


Ah snow - the true element for Chinooks.