BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Nome Update

Yes, I am behind on my posting of Iditarod pup updates, but I can happily say that bloger now lets me post pictures in a more timely fashion. Here are a couple of Nome updates sent October 27 and 28.

Kay Lee,
So far so good with Nomie.

Nome's had obedience camp - I sent him to 'The Dog Savant' - a woman and her husband who ran Cascade Canine up here new me now do it out of there home. They're great and Nome got so much out of it - and so did we. He's slipped a little but he's great. Mostly the challenge with him is just that he just loves other dogs so much that he gets over enthusiastic about greeting them and he's hard to hold back when he really wants to go play with another dog. We've had a blast with Nome. He runs some trails with me near our house and with our family for some hikes. He just loves being with us. He goes with us to soccer and lessons of this and that and is happy in the car waiting or taking short walks. He doesn't like to be out in the yard much alone though - wants to be around us. Want to find out more about skijouring. As of now we're training him not to pull on us when we're walking and jogging so it will be interesting to switching to having him pulling. I think he'll make the connection though between the harness versus the collar and leash. Can't wait to get he and Dakota together again. It's been maybe a month now. Nome does that wonderful Chinook howl when he sees Dakota - he just goes wild and remembers Alli every time too:) Susan

Hi All,
These are some better shots. I love the one that I sent on the last e-mail of Nome cuddling up to Meggie in the middle of the night. Yes Nome has graduated to sleeping with the pack sometimes. He's pretty good about staying on the end of the bed but that night my son had moved to his own room leaving a big empty spot by the pillows and Meggie and he just moved right on up. I'm a light sleeper so when he moves and his tags jingle I hear him and I grabbed my phone to get a picture of him snuggling... He's 65 lbs now by the way...just weighed him on Monday at the Vets. He was 59lbs a month ago when I went to the vet. Here's also a great photo of Nome and Dakota when Alli kept him for us back in late June.oh and when he met the cat - it was so funny - he wanted to be friends and the cat just didn't know what to think. Hissed and Hissed but actually did let Nome touch her nose at one point and then went back to hissing. Very cute...everything Nome does is cute!Take Care - hope everyone's doing well.

Susan