BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Lee-Brown Family Christmas 2011

Tradition has that the Lee-Brown Christmas celebration is held at my house. When my 5 nieces were younger, they could count on adventure, the Cookie Monster (Uncle Dave in costume) and going home wearing one on my tees as a night gown. My sister could not make it this year but three of the nieces, now grown, brought my Dad, Iris, boyfriends and a babysitting charge.

For adventure, the dogs took Quinn on a very fast, one mile, rig ride. So fast that I did not have time to take a picture as I sped along ahead of them on the quad.

Vanessa and Fera waiting for Quinn to fly by

Everyone experienced the joys of skidding stones on the frozen pond. The day was above freezing. The ice was quite thin but instead of the fun being diminished another element came into play - air bubbles under the ice created when a stone broke through. With a little skill the bubbles could be moved about.
In past years, dinner needed two even three tables. This year, without my sister, her husband, two my nieces and their families, we all fit in elbow-to-elbow fellowship around one.

The guests of honor: my Dad and IrisFera was the present elfKoyuk helping FeraVanessaLife is good when your nieces bring home their boyfriendsEmilyAndrewNataliePrincess BeatriceQuinnEnd of a wonderful day.Cookie Monster will again make an appearance when the great neices and nephew join us next year. As for the tees - unlike all those years of sleeping in the back seat, this year the girls were driving.