BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Cold and Damp

Sunshine, even rain would be nice - especially since we are so far behind on our rain total. Deep snow would be best. But alas we are socked in with 34 degree, pea soup, fog. To get the dogs and myself in shape I have been doing daily runs with the rig. We all return quite soaked and muddy for our efforts.
Yesterday when the fog lifted a bit, I took the five Nooks and my camera out for a romp. They have been getting cabin fever. The only dog I got in focus was Trask and that was because I had him on the leash. The others zoomed and clashed in vigorous games of Chinook tag. 
Little remains of poor Frosty.
Trask is growing like a weed. I can't wait until I can put him in harness and start running with him.
The ponds are still frozen solid. However, I kept the leash on Trask to make sure he didn't test the depth by chasing the rocks I was skittering on the ice surface for my gravel symphony.