BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

May 30

Memorial Weekend means agility trial or sailing or both. I don't know that I have completely warmed up from last weekend's regatta so this year I have opted for agility trial and gardening. Puppy duties and lousy weather have me way behind on the garden. The greenhouse is getting overrun by tomato plants that have outgrown their plastic pot restraints.

McKenzie had a spectacular run on Friday. She has not done agility for about 1 1/2 years but I found out that the AKC records show I still need two more wins on her. My ribbons have become tug toys so I had no documentation to the contrary. She loves to compete in agility so we went for it this weekend. Placing is big because she competes against all the Border Collie speedsters.
McKenzie with the "Q" and first place ribbons. Saturday I pulled weeds, rototilled the still muddy soil and planted tomatoes while Dave was at the regatta.
Cedar and Koyuk resting after spending the day in the garden.

Today we came up against a really difficult agility course and were the last group to run for the day. None of the dogs at our level were able to run a qualifying run. We had a really fast time but McKenzie knocked a bar on a double jump that was located 90 degrees from the solid panel jump. I did not get her quite far enough out to cleanly jump. But she had a great time and that is what counts.