BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Mr. Nome

I received a fun e-mail from Mr. Nome's co-owner. Unfortunately bolger will only let me upload one picture.
Nome with his father Dakota
Hi Kay Lee,
I am taking care of Nome while Susan and her family are away in Maine. Dakota and I are having a good time with him, and I think Nome is enjoying being here with us too. The below email is a short update (sent by Nome J to his family) and I thought you would like to hear how he is doing too. It's difficult to not think of Nome as Dakota's "mini-me" because I think they look so much alike. However Nome is definitely his own person with his own funny quirks.

Like the other puppies he was putting EVERYTHING in his mouth. He has been much, much better about this the last few days however. He gets so excited whenever any kids show up - he already knows they mean FUN and playtime. He is thrilled whenever we go someplace new with new sights and smells. Yesterday he saw big orange garbage can things in the road (slow down markers) and his hair bristled all along his back as he went into 'caution mode' but he never stopped his advance to check those weird things out. He's a brave little boy J Nome comes down stairs so fast sometimes that I am amazed he doesn't slide to the bottom in a heap. Nome loves his daddy and really tries to get Dakota to play. Dakota however will only half-heartedly pretend chew back with him and then Dakota is done, getting up and coming to me to be rescued from the advances of an excited pup.

As Susan knows, Nome is still a snuggler and I don't expect that to change. If I am sitting down in a comfy chair most times Nome will come over and try and crawl in my lap. I can't say no so we snuggle for a bit. When Nome is done and climbs down invariably Dakota comes over, jealous of the attention given to Nome and needing to reclaim some love. So Dakota crawls in my lap. There is quite a difference holding little Nome versus his 100lb dad let me tell you! The two of us don't fit well in the same chair, and after a few good rubs and hugs he'll climb down and find a more comfortable spot to lay down. I know this is not the best behavior, but it always makes me smile.

Best,
Alli

Hi I just want to say thanks for leaving me at such a fun place. It makes being away from you easier! We just got back from another walk. I'm learning to not put everything in my mouth and try to swallow. I only picked up one rock this time. This morning we went to this really neat place called Gold Creek Pond. There were so MANY new smells. I could only go a few steps at a time before I had to stop and sniff and roll.I also got wet. There is a big pond there and I walked right in not knowing what it was. It kind of freaked me out but then I noticed my dad went right in and LAID DOWN! So I knew it was ok and decided to try it out again. It was cool and I liked it.That walk was long and it kind of wore me out. We came back and had lunch a l a fresca and then I took a long snooze on the deck.Well I hope you are having fun but thinking of me lots!XoxoNome