BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Oregon 60 - UCLA 13

Today was the last day of the dry season. Tomorrow the winter rains are expected with downpours and high wind. I have been working hard finishing up landscaping projects and putting the vegetable garden to bed before the rains do hit and I can't drive the tractor over the yard without making ruts and a general mess.
Tonight Dave and I went to the Oregon/UCLA game with 49,998 other yellow Ducks and a tiny wedge of Bruins in blue.
incoming rain clouds over the low side of Autzen
blue Bruins above the "U" flag
Dave's seat is 1st row/ 50 yard line/right behind the Oregon bench
I don't really like football but there was an empty seat next to Dave and we haven't been on a date in quite a while. Autzen is renowned for the fan noise which funnels right down to the field. I was so glad Dave brought an extra pair of ear plugs. My ears are still ringing even though I used them. It was fun being part of the sea of yellow. The game wasn't barbarian. The plays were fast, well executed and actually exciting to watch. With my two lifetime games, I can now say that have seen OJ and the #1 team in the U.S. play at Autzen stadium.