BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Winter Reprieve

I started this blog a four days ago. First I lost first my ability to upload pictures to blogger. Then I lost my internet connection. Besides the inability to blog, I was not able to get the ghoulish recipes I needed for the yacht club Halloween potluck. It still takes up to 15 minutes to upload a picture. I am not sure if these are worth the effort but I am not going to give up on this project. Besides, I am getting quality time with the stack of papers and bills on my desk while I wait.

Thursday morning I awoke not to rain pounding on the metal roof but to a ruckus. The local flock of wild turkeys was digging outside my window in search of sunflower seeds under the bird feeder. A bang on the window got them to scatter. That is when I noticed that the white tom had moved from the neighbor's flock to woo my hens and that it was a beautiful morning. The sun was breaking through the fog and illuminating the fall leaves.
the white tom
Wild turkeys have huge feet with long claws. The uprooted rhody does not show up too well but it was a causality of turkey rooting.
The flock moved away when I came out with the camera.Blogger has once again become blocker.
This is the only backyard, fall-color picture I can upload.