BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Big Day

First and most exciting to me is that I finally go on antibiotics today. The cold that made me such a wimp took over my sinuses and eustachian tubes a couple weeks ago. This has been over one month of misery and the foulest sinus discharge you could ever imagine. Poor Dave has had to live through me attempting to cook no-salt, low-glycemic meals when I can't taste and everything smells like rotten garbage mixed with dog poo. Add coughing all night, vertigo and headaches. It has been trying. But now I should start to mend.

This morning the bees came! The year before last we removed a hive of a few hundred thousand bees that had set up home in our chimney. We loved the work the bees did for us but the thought of wax and honey dripping through the flue when we lit fires for winter warmth was just not good. Last summer we had horrible harvests. There was almost no fruit at all - not one blueberry and only a few plums, apples and pears. Even the zucchini and cucumbers were practically barren. This year we are helping out a bee keeper. He gets lots of pesticide free pollen for his bees and we get pollination.
Ferrari, the dog cart is now red. I put it back together and hit it with a last coat of paint. I have been too sick to even think about running the dogs but soon I will be well.

"still has wet paint guys"Seven pounds of premium dog training treats came out of the food dryer. One batch is chicken gizzards that I have been saving up until I had enough and one batch is orange chicken with yams. I wasn't sure what the dogs would think of orange chicken but turns out to be a hit. Next batch is going to be different. Instead of flour or oatmeal with the meat, I plan to use beans and rice to make the dough.The big pond has a new tricolored wing blackbird nest and an approving female.