BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cold Wimp

My nieces, because of pregnancy and nursing, have not been able to take cold medicine for years. They are amazing. I am a wimp. The past few days have felt like something from Valley of the Dolls. Pseudiphedrine in the morning in an attempt to unclog the painful congestion and quell the dripping. NiQuil at night so I can sleep and my coughing not keep Dave awake. Up then down and all the time headache, chest rattling cough and vertigo. Oregon has been slammed recently with a series of strong storms. The barometric pressure extremes have played havoc with my head - most inducing both the aura and pounding of migraine headaches not unlike the atmospheric lightening, thunder, hail, drenching rain and April snow. That coupled with sinus pressure and I am miserable. Fortunately, the Chinooks are content with brief ventures outside as I clean the kennel or tend to the greenhouse. The remainder of time has been spent in bed with Willy tightly spooning on one side, Cedar on the other, and McKenzie crowding my feet. These are the same dogs that if I got out the harnesses, would howl and spin in anticipation of the run or anxiously que for their turn running the agility course at the sight of the clicker and training treats. Unlike my young nieces, I am not strong when faced with illness thus I am so lucky to have comforting canine companions and a very understanding husband.