BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunshine Makes Me Happy

I slept through the 0430 wake-up to go skiing but along with getting a descent night's sleep, not all was lost. Nirvana is a good cup of coffee, the Sunday paper, dogs at my feet, birds singing, apple trees and daffodils in bloom, and sunshine on my shoulder. Today was the first day of 2011 that I was able to sit outside for breakfast and the paper.
Cedar loving the warm concrete.
The rest of the day was spent weeding the garden, pruning blueberries and mowing. Lots of mowing. The grass in the garden was over a foot tall with 2" to 4" of standing water. I mowed what I could then started on the yard. Today marks the first of numerous forced marches with the mower.
After cleaning the mud off the cart brakes and wheels, the dogs and I did take a quick but in-control mile run. We also worked on agility and competition obedience. 'Twas a really nice day! (Who needs skiing?)