BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Poor Inquisitive Koyuk

After 8 days in the 90's the weather has finally become more seasonable. I am taking advantage of the cooler temps to do heavy-work landscaping. This morning while moving the rocks from my bone pile, I uncovered a yellow jacket hive. I wasn't stung but curious Koyuk, checking for newly exposed amphibians, had her face in the wrong place at the wrong time. After giving her Benadryl, I wanted to take a picture of the poor girl. All of the dogs rushed the door and started a rousting game of Chinook tag. The Benadryl has not slowed Koyuk at all. Wanting to be able to observe her more closely for worsening allergic reactions, I decided to take break from the tractor and sit to blog the pictures. I love watching the dogs play and trying different camera settings.

All dogs are now asleep on the floor around me.