BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Away Down the River

Dad's wishes were that his ashes be put in the Santiam River. I think he was above working with Ma Nature. The day my Texas sister could make it was magnificent. Robert Lewis Stevenson's song "Away the Boats" has been stuck in my head. I am taking liberties with it.
Dark blue is the river and golden is the sand.
It flows along forever, with trees on either hand.
Autumn leaves a-floating, eddy on the shore
sending love to dad
Flowers of mine a-floating, for the man we adore.
my little sister and I
Away goes the river, away past the mill
my sisters with their wonderful husbands
 Away down the valley, away past the hill.
 Away down the river, a hundred miles or more
 Away down the river, the man that we adore.