BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Friday, November 30, 2012

Greens

You can never have too many greens for Holiday decorating. Fortunately we have easy access to the woods. Kerstin brought Lupin and the girls to join me on a gathering trip. After serious coaxing - who's idea was it to mandate ethanol use in a rainy climate anyway? - we were finally off, abet sputtering, smoking and backfiring. 

Heavy rain held off during our couple mile trip to a favorite grove of ponderosa pine and red cedar. 
Klara munched on an apple while we filled the trailer with boughs. The dogs, even old McKenzie, ran the entire way with us adding extra miles with deer chasing side trips..
The battery on my camera died so unfortunately I missed pictures Kerstin negotiating the quad under wind-fall trees. When I had earlier cut out, with my hand saw, the multiple trees blocking the road, I had just branched out ones I could drive under. I had not counted on the extra height of Klara riding in a backpack. Kerstin made some photo worthy, impressive maneuvers to get her family through.

Once back, we loaded up the pick-up with greens and headed inside to warm with cocoa.
Anna drew me a Christmas card while Klara played with the dogs.
Tomorrow wreath and garland production.