BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

R&R - Day 1&2

Feeling akin to a whack-a-mole on the receiving end, I was much in need of R&R at a place I could only think of the here and now. My friend, Marleen, swept me away to the Kingfisher Spa and Resort on Vancouver Island, Canada. 
Day 1 started with Cedar, Koyuk and McKenzie jumping onto the bed and directly into my just packed suitcase. Later when I arrived at Marleen's Seattle house, her Chinooks, Oscar and Toby, tore into my suitcase. In spite of my changing out the muddy, footprint stained clothes, my girls must have left an enticing smell.  

The next morning we headed for Canada. Nothing could change our plans - not even a 7.7 mag earthquake, tsunami and several >6.5 mag aftershocks near where we were going and a weather forecast of pouring rain. 
We were following the red line on the map.
our view minus the spectacular mountains and Pacific ocean
Vancouver Island


Kingfisher Spa and ocean/mountain view from our room

 
Room view in other direction

Needing to stretch our legs after the long drive, I took the dogs out to explore the resort. 

Even in rainy fall weather, the gardens were interesting and beautiful.

Oscar

Toby

Exploring the beach

Already wet Toby goes into the ocean

Oscar is right behind him.
 Day 2 ended with a relaxing trip to the outdoor swim pool and hot tub, then a glass of fine wine, Nutella and a good book.