BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Fortunately...

Fortunately - I was still up at midnight and heard the splat, splat, splat fairly soon after the toilet tank developed a rim to bottom crack. The toilet already had a valve problem and would have kept trying to refill the tank until the inevitable, middle of the night, barefoot, splat in the flooded bathroom. I turned off the water, mopped with several towels, found a heater to dry the floor/wall joint and went to bed. Normally waiting until we could get a plumber would not be that much of problem but, Dave is taking "water pills" as part of his post-op cardiac surgery treatment.
Fortunately - we have really good friends! Especially one who after remarking "be sure to let me know if there is anything I can do for you" came right over to fix our toilet. I went to the hardware store thinking all I needed was a new tank. Seems in the 49 years since ours was installed, they have changed some of the parameters. We now have a new toilet and Lowes has a cracked tank in their dumpster. (I wish I had taken the whole thing with me).

Matt, who changed out the toilets in a very crowded bathroom complete with three curious Chinooks, left Dave this card:
Fortunately - really good friends come with a good sense of humor.