BrownStone Chinooks is devoted to fostering the excellent health and wonderful temperament of Chinook dogs. Hard-working Chinooks excel in many activities such as agility, obedience, back yard play, hiking, dog powered sports, search and rescue, and as service dogs. The affectionate Chinook is an excellent family dog matching its activity level to that of its companions - be it strenuous exercise or snuggling on the couch.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Nook-a-likes and My Day

Another rainy, cold day. Of course I could have used the opportunity to clean house but nah - I spent the morning doing research on historic Chinooks. I came across this 1947 magazine picture of 17 year old Kiska. He sure does look familiar...
My first thought was Willy.

Then Koyuk. It must be the scar on the nose. 
Then again it could be the tongue. 
My sled had horrible gouges from previous runs on our snow covered, gravel drive. Another rainy day project was making it fast again. Koyuk supervised every step, including finding long forgotten Luna bars in my ski wax/survival kit.
 McKenzie meantime spent the day on her perch on the stair landing.